Wednesday, August 8, 2018

540. Cafe Bleu

Cafe Bleu
The Style Council
1984














Tracks
1. Mick's Blessings 
2. Whole Point Of No Return 
3. Me Ship Came In 
4. Blue Cafe 
5. Paris Match 
6. My Ever Changing Moods 
7. Dropping Bombs On The White House 
8. Gospel 
9. Strength Of Your Nature 
10. You're The Best Thing 
11. Here's One That Got Away 
12. Headstart For Happiness 
13. Council Meetin'


Perhaps it's my advancing age, but I did not dislike this jazz album as much as I usually do. It was upbeat and cheery, and I only wish that Studio Council had stuck to its strengths. A few of their tracks really grated; I kept checking to see how much more of "Strength of Your Nature" I had to endure. Would it have killed them to write a few more lines in that song?

Still, it was an experiment and I appreciate what they were trying to do with blending so many genres. But maybe stay away from hip hop...or whatever that song was.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment: