Monday, March 19, 2018

535. Treasure

Treasure
Cocteau Twins
1984














Tracks
1. Ivo
2. Lorelei
3. Beatrix
4. Persephone
5. Pandora For Cindy
6. Amelia
7. Aloysius
8. Cicely
9. Otterley
10. Donimo


If I was ever captured by fairies and taken into an enchanted forest, I imagine this is the music they would play for me. It was just plain weird. On this List, weird usually translates to Yoko Ono screeching or some sort of bongo/rock hybrid. Fortunately, this time weird translates to otherworldly and ethereal. 

I usually don't pay much attention to album cover art, but I was actually quite pleased with this, as it perfectly captures the strangeness and the mood of the music. Definitely not something you can really jam out to, but worth a listen in any case.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. This album is so lovely. I understand you thinking of an enchanted forest! ☺️

    ReplyDelete