Saturday, January 13, 2018

532. Welcome to the Pleasuredome

Welcome to the Pleasuredome
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
1984














Tracks
1. World is My Oyster
2. Welcome to the Pleasuredome
3. Relax
4. War
5. Two Tribes
6. (Tag)
7. Snatch of Fury
8. Born to Run
9. San Jose
10. Wish the Lads Were Here
11. Ballad of '32
12. Krisco Kisses
13. Black Night White Light
14. Only Star in Heaven
15. Power of Love
16. Bang...


I am currently in bed with a nasty case of tonsillitis that doesn't seem to respond to our earthly antibiotics. Oh well, it's giving me a chance to catch up on my blogs and albums! Here we have another amazing album and I do believe we are on a roll.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood performs quite a few covers on this album, including "San Jose," "War," and "Born to Run." Those were certainly my favorite tracks, though that's not to say that the original songs weren't good. I probably could have done without "Ballad of '32," which was pretty creepy, but I ended up loving "Power of Love."

There's something really fun about this band and if I didn't sound like Kathleen Turner right now, I probably would have sang along. 

RATING: 5/5

1 comment: