Sunday, December 3, 2017

530. Meat Puppets II

Meat Puppets II
Meat Puppets
1983














Tracks
1. Split Myself in Two
2. Magic Toy Missing
3. Lost
4. Plateau
5. Aurora Borealis
6. We're Here
7. Climbing
8. New Gods
9. Oh, Me
10. Lake of Fire
11. I'm a Mindless Idiot
12. Whistling Song


Usually I would start with my traditional apology for waiting so long between posts but this is a country punk album. Yes, you read that correctly. For that reason, I don't think an explanation is necessary as to why I would put off listening to this.

Actually, it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting. It was all over the place but what it lacked in cohesion it made up for in pure enthusiasm. And hey, at least it was original.


Of course, any band named the "Meat Puppets" is never going to be a favorite of mine. Still worth a listen.

RATING: 3/5


1 comment:

  1. I think if I had ever noticed this album I would have been turned off by the Meat Puppets title. I know younger Diana and current Diana--not going to listen. (Still stubborn after all these years.)

    ReplyDelete