Monday, May 18, 2015

383. Rumours

Rumours
Fleetwood Mac
1977













Tracks
1. Second Hand News
2. Dreams
3. Never Going Back Again
4. Don't Stop
5. Go Your Own Way
6. Songbird
7. Chain
8. You Make Loving Fun
9. I Don't Want To Know
10. Oh Daddy
11. Gold Dust Woman


I skipped my senior prom to go to a Fleetwood Mac concert with a friend.  Zero hearts were broken with that decision since no one asked me in the first place and I had no desire to hang out with the numbskulls in my high school.  And let me tell you, Stevie Nicks' voice is not what it used to be.  It is fantastic here, though, so I guess that is what counts.

A lot of people say that this album is completely overplayed.  I think that is a weak argument to begin with; why does that detract from quality?  But even still, there are plenty of more obscure songs on this album, like "Chain" or "Gold Dust Woman".

Okay, so "Don't Stop" is a bit cheesy.  But the other songs are great and the fact that they detail the band members' various break ups just makes it juicy. 

If I could, baby I'd give you my world; how can I, when you won't take it from me?  Those are damn good lyrics, I don't care what anyone says.


RATING: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. I have heard every one of these songs so many times that I can't even imagine the number. Loved them, still love them, still listening to them. Just looking over the list makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the album is beautiful. I discovered "Go on your own way" recently thou because Fleetwood Mac is not that much popular here. It's weird to think that Lindsey Buckingham wrote the lyrics just to hurt Stevie Nicks. I can only imagine how hard should be for her to deliver those painful lines and yet keep going as if nothing happens. It speaks volumes of her professionalism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you're right. It's weird because this album puts me in such a good mood but there is so much pain there.

    ReplyDelete