Wednesday, September 10, 2014

372. Exodus

Exodus
Bob Marley and the Wailers
1977













Tracks
1. Natural Mystic 
2. So Much Things To Say
3. Guiltiness 
4. Heathen 
5. Exodus 
6. Jammin' 
7. Waiting In Vain 
8. Turn Your Lights Down Low 
9. Three Little Birds 
10. One Love/People Get Ready


I am devoting this entire day to my blogs, since I have been far behind on all of them.  This project usually ends up being the neglected middle child in my blog family since it has the least amount of readers, but this time I am writing this review before I work on my movie blog.  The scrap of attention that I am throwing it will ensure years of therapy as it tries to work out if I may have loved it after all.

Most of these songs are recognizable, particularly "Three Little Birds".  The most beautiful song on this album was by far "One Love/People Get Ready".  I was really blown away by the vocals, which is something I really don't expect with a Marley album.

This is such an improvement from previous Marley albums and I am trying to figure out why.  The political messages are still there, but I felt like they flowed a lot better with the melodies.  It really felt like art; not propaganda.

An absolutely beautiful, must-hear album.

RATING: 4/5

One Love/People Get Ready:

1 comment:

  1. I thought this album was beautiful too, but I think the best song is Waiting in Vain. Sorry to disagree with your choice there! I love Three Little Birds and Jammin—those songs make it for me. I do agree with you that this is a must-hear album!

    ReplyDelete