Sunday, March 23, 2014

357. 2112

2112
Rush
1976














Tracks
1. '2112': I: Overture/II: The Temples Of Syrinx/III: Discovery/IV: Presentation/V: Oracle: The Dream/VI. Soliloquy/VII. Grand Finale
2. A Passage To Bangkok 
3. The Twilight Zone 
4. Lessons 
5. Tears 
6. Something For Nothing


It's been awhile since I have posted.  I have been out of the country and since I have been back I have been bogged down by an obscene amount of work. I was only able to fit this album in by playing it while cleaning my pet chinchilla's cage.  What a fun break that was.

Aren't we past this phase yet?  Honestly when I was listening to this, I felt like I was in 1965 again (in a list sense;  I am actually a lot younger than that, despite my somewhat elderly tastes).  Anyway, the beginning of this album sounds like someone experimenting with the sound effects on a keyboard for the first time.  Ooo you can make space sounds!  Color me impressed.

After that it turned around a little and I actually enjoyed the singing, although lyrically the songs were not that impressive and nothing that we haven't seen before.

RATING: 2/5

Sorry for the short and somewhat shallow review.  Lots to do and lots to stress eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment