Thursday, June 27, 2013

332. Toys in the Attic

Toys in the Attic
Aerosmith
1975















Tracks
1. Toys In The Attic
2. Uncle Salty
3. Adam's Apple
4. Walk This Way
5. Big Ten Inch Record
6. Sweet Emotion
7. No More
8. Round And Round
9. You See Me Crying


I have been trouble getting to this blog; the time I am not working I have been dedicating to movies.  Sorry, album blog; you will never be my favorite child.  However, I was excited to get back to this project today; this was my very first Aerosmith album.

So we went from Keith Jarrett, who played beautiful piano sets, to this album and they could not be more different.  I am not saying one is better than the other, but one of the lyrics in this album is "suck on my ten inch".  So we have got a couple different approaches to music.

"Sweet Emotion" was a beautiful song, however, and "No More" is extremely catchy.  I am not looking down on this album: I actually think it was a lot of fun.  I think Aerosmith falls under the "guilty pleasure" column for a lot of people and after listening to this album, I am adding it to mine.

RATING: 5/5

3 comments:

  1. I have always loved this album. I am 55 and I still listen to it and will always smile and chuckle at some of the lyrics in the song you mentioned in your review. Ahem. I like all the songs and his album pleases me---I guess it is indeed a "guilty pleasure."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and I loved this one too!

      Delete
  2. Good call, I expected a chick blog to hate on this for the misogynist lyrics. This was a great band that played some awesome hard/blues rock on every track except the last two.

    ReplyDelete