Saturday, May 12, 2018

537. 1984

1984
Van Halen
1984














Tracks
1. 1984
2. Jump
3. Panama
4. Top Jimmy
5. Drop Dead Legs
6. Hot For Teacher 
7. I'll Wait
8. Girl Gone Bad 
9. House Of Pain


Once again, I am in a period of convalescence and once again I find myself turning to the albums for comfort. Sometimes this has disastrous results, because some of these albums have the power to transform budding headaches into full blown migraines (see Minor Threat). Fortunately, this album was a complete delight.

Like most people, I was familiar with many of the songs on this album. Still, listening to the full album at once allows you to appreciate how brilliant and cohesive it really is. Now obviously this album heavily reflects the male experience, but I found it enlightening rather than alienating.


Next up: Prince!


RATING: 4/5


2 comments:

  1. I agree with your review. I was not a big Van Halen fan, but enjoy this album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed this is excellent all the way through (they kept it fairly short). Big improvement over their debut album.

    ReplyDelete